Changing Your Subscription Plan
You can upgrade or downgrade your subscription plan at any time using the Change Plan or Update Account link in your account dashboard. Doing so will reset your monthly subscription to the date that you change your plan. Any charges from your previous subscription will be pro-rated and applied to your account, and you will be billed immediately with the invoice due within 30 days of the new subscription date.
Please note: If there is a transaction decline for payment on the new plan changes, the plan change will also fail and you will remain on your old plan.
Additional features affected by a change of subscription plan are described below in this article.
Bandwidth is measured in gigabytes ("GB").
Please note: With upgrades, any bandwidth charges will be billed at your old plan rate. So, for example, if you had the ProxyMesh 10 plan and used 20GB of bandwidth, then upgraded your plan, there would be an additional $10 charge (10GB is included, leaving 10GB @ $1/GB). If this is a significant amount for you, we can add a credit to your account so that it will be as if your bandwidth charges were on the new pricing plan. Contact us with details about your plan change and bandwidth charges if you would like a credit and/or have any questions about plan changes.
If you've been using a lot of bandwidth on your current plan, and want to upgrade your plan or have done so, we can give you a credit to adjust bandwidth charges.
Payment Issues after Plan Change
If you're making subscription payments through PayPal, and if PayPal declines the next payment after you've made a plan change, two possible causes could be:
- Issue with setup of pre-approval for payments in PayPal.
- Issue with other account information, e.g., no selection made from available payment methods.
You may be able to resolve the issue by reviewing your account in PayPal to ensure you have a working payment method and can pre-approve payments.
If payment is still declined, please contact us for assistance.
- Prepaid bandwidth can be purchased in advance at a reduced rate by users of the ProxyMesh 100 plan to immediately cover any bandwidth that's over the included amount of 100GB. If you're on the ProxyMesh 100 plan, your dashboard displays a link on the right side, labeled "Buy Prepaid Bandwidth."
- If you choose to downgrade from the 100 plan, your prepaid bandwidth will still be available for you to use, but it will no longer be visible on your dashboard. Consider remaining on the 100 plan to help you to keep track of your prepaid bandwidth. Please see the Prepaid Bandwidth article for more details.
- Whatever is left of the prepaid bandwidth will cover future usage until it runs out. The prepaid bandwidth also carries over across billing periods if it's not all used up.
- There is no limit to the amount of prepaid bandwidth you can purchase on the ProxyMesh 100 plan.
When you upgrade, in addition to the extra bandwidth included per month and lower per GB price, you also get access to more proxy servers. So, for example, if you upgrade from ProxyMesh 10 to ProxyMesh 20, an additional proxy server will automatically be authorized.
When you downgrade plans, you will lose access to some proxy servers. The system tries to keep authorizations for the proxy servers that you use the most, but you should definitely check your authorizations and client configuration after you downgrade to make sure the remaining proxy servers are in the locations you need.
If you are on the ProxyMesh 50 or ProxyMesh 100 plan, you can add up to 15 proxies to your plan, and/or add the world proxy. Additional proxies are $10 per month each, and the world proxy is $50 a month.
Adding the world proxy as an extra is equivalent to adding 5 extra rotating proxies. For example, with the ProxyMesh 100 plan, you can add 11 extra proxies. If you add the world proxy as an extra, you would then have 6 extra rotating proxies available for addition.
To add extra proxies to your subscription, contact us to let us know how many to add.